Mixture for Gujhia: KHOWA MIX
1. Khowa – 1cup
2. Rava – 1/4th cup fried with ghee.
3. Elaichi (Cardamon Powder) – 2pinchs
4. Cashews and Raisins – 2tsp of each.(Crushed Cashews)
5. Almonds – 2tsp Crushed.
6. Sugar – 6-8 tsp.
Mix Khowa, Rava, Elaichi Powder, Cashew, Raisins, Almonds and sugar.
1. Maida -- 2cups
2. Ghee -- 3tsp
3. Milk -- ½ cup (approximate for creating soft dough)
1. Make a soft dough with Maida, Ghee .
2. Shape into a ball and roll into a Two inch circle.
3. Keep the KHOWA mix in the center and close from the sides.
4. Give it a shape of half moon. (as shown in the picture)
5. Also create some design (either by hand or by GUJHIA shaper)
6. Fry it on oil on medium flame evenly until you get a light golden color
7. Remove it from oil and serve it. You can also store GUJHIAs for 2 weeks.
Preparation Time: 45 minutes to 1 hr