Wednesday, February 28, 2007
Tomato Peas Chutney
1. Tomato - 6 pcs (avg size)
2. Juggery (GUD) -6-8tsp (as per your taste)
3. Salt - 1/2 tsp
4. Oil - 1/2 tsp
5. Green Peas - 1/4th cup
6. PANCH FORAN* - 2 pinches (see below for details)*PANCH FORUN is a mixture of cummin seeds, SAUNF (aniseed), METHI (Fenugreek seeds), Mustard seeds & Ajwain(Oregano, Thyme/ Carom seeds)
7. Red chillis - 2 pcs
8. BAY Leaf - 1 pc
9. Turmeric Powder - 1/4th tsp
10. Ginger - 1/2tsp (Grated or Paste)
1. Heat oil in a KADHAHI (WOK) and add PANCH FORUN, red chilis, BAY LEAF.
2. When they start spluttering, add chopped tomato and salt, turmeric powder, juggery.
3. Cover with lid and cook on medium flame until tomatoes are cooked.
4. Add Green Peas (Frozen Peas), Ginger and stir it.
5. Mix it properly and keep on stirring until it becomes a bit sticky.
6. Remove from the flame.
7. Serve Hot or Cold (As u like) with Poori, Paratha.
Posted by Priya Gupta at 7:04 AM