Monday, February 26, 2007
Til Ki Kachodi
For Making Stuff: (TIL MIX)
1. Til (SESAME SEEDS) - 1/4th cup
2. Jaggery (Gud) - 1/2cup (Crushed or mashed)
3. Besan - 5tsp
4. Cashew nuts - 3tsp (Powder)
5. Khowa - 4tsp grated
6. Cardamom Powder - 1/4th tsp
7. Ghee - 1tsp
1. Roast til (sesame seeds) on low flame stirring continuosly to avoid it from spluttering out of the pan (until light golden in colour)
2. Grind rice till fine grains are left (Make a rough powder) and keep aside.
3. Heat a KADHAI. Add BESAN (gram flour) and roast on slow flame, stirring continuously (until the flour turns golden colour)
4. Add 1tsp ghee and fry it for 2minutes on low flame and remove it from flame and keep aside.
5. Mix roasted and grind til, roasted besan with ghee, gud, cardamom powder, kaju powder, khowa and keep aside.
Making Kachodi Layer:
1. Maida - 2cups
2. Ghee - 3tsp (Melted and hot)
3. Cardamom powder - 1/4th tsp
4. Sugar - 1tsp
5. Milk - 1/2th cup Boiled (approximate for creating soft dough)
1. Make a soft dough with Maida, Ghee, sugar, cardamom powder .
2. Shape into a ball and roll into a round shape.
3. Place a portion of the TIL mix stuff mixture (approx 2tsp) in the middle, enfold the filling and pinch off the excess dough. Then roll out the round kachodi.
4. Deep fry in oil on both sides until fluffy and light golden brown.
5. Serve Hot Or Cold (As u Like)
Posted by Priya Gupta at 5:55 AM