Monday, February 26, 2007
Green Puri (Hari Poori)
1. Palak (Spinach) - 1cup chopped
2. Maida - 1cup
3. Wheat Flour (Atta) - 1/2 cup
4. Salt - To Taste
5. Roasted Cumin Powder - 1/2tsp
6. Green Chili paste - 1tsp
7. Lime Juice - 1/2tsp
8. Ajwain - 1/4th tsp
9. Ginger Paste - 1/2tsp
10. Oil / Ghee - 3tsp
1. Boiled spinach 2 minutes in microwave or gas with 7tsp of water and 1/4tsp of salt.
2. Grind it and make a smooth paste.
3. Mix the maida, wheat flour, green chili paste, salt, roasted cumin powder, ginger paste, ajwain, ajwain, lime juice, ghee/ oil, knead into a little soft dough by adding enough SPINACH PASTE and water.
4. Keep Cover and leave for 15 minutes.
5. Make even size ball, flatten it and roll them into a round shape.
6. Deep Fry in oil on both sides untill light (very light) golden.
7. Serve Hot with any sabji or chutney.
Posted by Priya Gupta at 10:06 AM